The safety of our students is a top priority. There are more than 200 campus police officers, security personnel, and support staff charged with keeping the Homewood campus and the surrounding communities safe and secure.
Officers patrol campus on foot, bikes, Segways, and in security vehicles. They receive specialized training in cultural diversity, sexual harassment, hate crimes, AED/first aid, community policing, and crime prevention. They do not carry firearms.
For emergencies, 117 blue light call stations are located on or near campus—pressing a button will sound an alarm and connect you with the 24-hour Homewood Communication Center. There are also 186 smart CCTV cameras on and off campus that allow security officers to watch for criminal activity or safety issues.
To reach Campus Security, or in case of emergency, call:
- 6-7777 (on-campus)
- 410-516-7777 (off-campus)
Crime reports and security alerts are published in accordance with the Clery Act. For more information, visit the Public Safety website.
Sexual assault resources
- Sexual Assault Helpline (410-516-7333): A confidential service of the Johns Hopkins University Counseling Center staffed 24/7 by trained professional counselors
- Sexual misconduct response and prevention resources: Clear, accessible, and consolidated information on sexual misconduct policies and available services and support
- Office of Institutional Equity: Oversees the handling of sexual misconduct complaints filed by faculty, staff, and students; contact JHU’s Title IX coordinator at 410-516-8075
- Sexual Assault Resource Unit (410-516-7887): A peer counseling service run by Hopkins students that supports survivors of sexual violence