The Johns Hopkins University Ombuds Office Charter agreement defines the role, authority, responsibilities and ethical principles that govern the Johns Hopkins Ombuds and the Ombuds Office.
The Ombuds Office is a place where Johns Hopkins PhD Students and Postdocs can confidentially and informally raise any issue of concern at the university.
The Ombuds is here to:
- Serve as a strategic thought partner
- Help to identify and evaluate different options
- Plan for difficult conversations
- Provide information about university policies and resources
- Assist with informal conflict resolution and problem solving
- Provide upward feedback on problematic trends or systemic issues
No matter what the issue is, the Ombuds Office provides support that is independent, confidential, impartial, and informal.