Johns Hopkins University: Homewood Student Accounts Office
Site Map
Contact Us
Insurance Information General Account Information Part_Time Student Information Insurance Information
Frequently Asked Questions Forms

Frequently Asked Questions

Forgot your User ID or password
I am a JHU student and want to set up “Authorized User(s)” to view/pay my account
I want to view/pay my bill
I am an “Authorized User” and want to view/pay my student’s bill

Billing Questions
Can I pay my bill over the phone
Can I pay my bill with a credit card
Can I transfer excess credit on my student account to my J-Card
Do I have to pay my balance in full
Can I pay by installments
Federal Work Study
About FERPA Law
Returned and Post Dated Checks
Third Party Billing
Employer pays at the end of the semester

I receive JHU Tuition Remission

Forgot your User ID or password?
Please contact our Information Technology Help Desk at or dial (410) 516-HELP for assistance with your account. Please note there is a delay when waiting for a telephone response due to high volume of calls.

I am a JHU student and want to set up “Authorized User(s)” to view/pay my account.
You can allow others access to your account by going to and choosing the “View My Bill” selection which enables you to set up authorized payers to view/pay the account. After you have set up users it is your responsibility to share the assigned login and password with additional viewers.

Return to top

I want to view/pay my bill.
You may view/pay your student account balance at and then select the “View My Bill” option. If you have further questions please contact us at (410) 516-8158, Monday thru Friday 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.

I am an “Authorized User” and want to view/pay my student’s bill.
You may view/pay your student’s account balance at by using the login designated for you by the student, which will allow you to view and pay the account. If you have further questions please contact us at (410) 516-8158, Monday thru Friday 8:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m.

Billing Questions
If you have questions regarding your account please contact us at (410) 516-8158, Monday thru Friday 8:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m. You may also contact us via email.

Return to top

Can I pay my bill over the phone?
No you are not able to pay by telephone. However we offer the following options when paying your account:

We accept personal checks, money orders, traveler's checks, and wire transfers.

Credit cards are NOT accepted for full time students.

International Wire Transfers - Western Union for International Payments

Johns Hopkins University has engaged Western Union Business Solutions to facilitate the receipt of student fees by the Johns Hopkins University from international students. This payment option allows students to pay the university their student account balance in the currency of your choice and provides a simple and secure method for initiating payments electronically. We encourage all international students to choose this cost effective and efficient method of payment to the Johns Hopkins University.

Click to begin the wire transfer process or you can reach this information in ISIS, under Billing - Summary or Billing - Statements - the "Actions Box" includes a link: "Pay by International Wire Transfer"

Johns Hopkins University, Homewood Student Accounts, P.O. Box 64701, Baltimore, MD  21264-4701

In Person:
Garland Hall, B031 8:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday

Can I pay my bill with a credit card?
ONLY evening school students (Advanced Academic Programs & Engineering Programs for Professionals) are allowed to pay tuition via Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. Credit card payments are not accepted for full or part-time students attending Kreiger School of Arts & Sciences and Whiting School of Engineering during the fall and spring semesters.

Can I transfer excess credit on my student account to my J-Card?
Yes, you may transfer any true credit balance in your student account to your J-Card via the web.

Do I have to pay my balance in full?
The University must receive the full AMOUNT DUE by the due date. If full payment is not received by this date registration and continuing enrollment may be denied.

If JHU accepts payments that contain or reflect "paid in full", or other restrictive endorsements, JHU does not lose any of its rights to collect any amount due.

Can I pay by installments?
To help you afford education expenses, Johns Hopkins University-Homewood Campus is pleased to make the services of Tuition Management Systems (TMS) available to you and your family (available to full-time undergrads only.) TMS' Interest-Free Monthly Payment Option allows you to spread your education expenses over smaller monthly installments for only a small enrollment fee. There is no interest and no pre-qualification or credit check for this service. With this payment plan you have 24-hour access to account information, and personal account service Monday through Saturday. Education Payment Partners are available to help you determine the best payment option for your education costs. For more information on your specific payment options or to enroll in the Interest-Free Monthly Payment Plan, visit TMS' website at or call 1-800-722-4867 and speak with an Education Payment Partner.

Federal Work Study
These funds are not applied to your student account. You will be paid weekly through the University's payroll system by the employing department based on the hours you work. Your work-study check cannot be applied to your account. You must deposit the paycheck in your personal banking account and write a check payable to the University.

Return to top

About FERPA Law

Returned and Post Dated Checks
A check not honored by the bank is subject to a $25 returned check fee. The University reserves the right to require a cashier or certified check on future payments. The University does not accept post-dated checks.

Return to top

Third Party Billing

Third Party Payment is when a domestic or foreign company, corporation, state or government agency has been granted, by JHU, special billing arrangements to cover tuition and other fees for students that they sponsor. JHU must have a letter of authorization on file.

Letter of Authorization from the Sponsor includes:

  1. student’s name
  2. student’s ID#
  3. semester employer is covering
  4. charges they will be responsible for
  5. address where to send the bill
  6. contact person’s name and telephone #
  7. signature of appropriate officer (H.R., supervisor, etc . . .)
  8. purchase order if required by employer

Employer pays at the end of the semester.
Employer reimbursement is not a method of payment for registration. You must make a personal payment at the time of registration and wait for your reimbursement from your employer.

I receive JHU Tuition Remission.
An approved original tuition remission voucher and the tuition remission application must accompany the registration. Please note that students are financially responsible for dropped courses paid for with tuition remission. Students receiving tuition remission benefits from JHU should read the contract carefully. Call the Center for Training & Education at 443-997-6890 to address any questions.

Return to top