HopSFA is John Hopkins University's very own science fiction club. We're here for all the self-proclaimed gamers, sci-fi zealots, and fantasy lovers out there, and their friends and fans.
Most of all, HopSFA is about fun. Come and join us!
Our meetings run every Wednesday from 7 to 9:30 in Shaffer 304.
What would you be likely to find at an average HopSFA meeting? Thing is, there *isn't* an "average" HopSFA meeting. On any given night, we could be watching movies, playing games, fighting with Play-Doh, barbecuing s'mores, electing our sex symbols, dressing up as assassins at McDonalds, dining at Vaccaro's, getting ready for conventions, and so much more!
* Playing games (RPG, board games, Call of Cthulhu, clay monster fighting, you name it...)
* Watching movies (the newest Star Trek comes to mind...)
* Goth clubbing (think Orpheus...)
* Going to science fiction, fantasy, and gaming cons (Otakon, DragonCon, etc...)
* Playing outdoor games (ultimate frisbee, dodgeball) in the pouring rain and thunderstorms! YES!
* Dressing up as pirates, giving out limes on the breezeway to fight the plague that is SCURVY!
* Assassinating each other semi-annually.
* Going to fast food restaurants dressed as secret agents.
* Attending the annual Maryland Rennaissance Festival in late September.
* Planning JohnCon, our own annual science fiction convention, which takes place in early March.
Denting the HopSFA president's self esteem.just ignore this one
Take a look around the site, and see if you want to join us. Sign up for our mailing list at firstname.lastname@example.org!
If you haven't been convinced that we're awesome yet, check out our pictures or past meetings!