Spring Fair returns to Homewood's upper and lower quads this week with three days of entertainment, food and shopping. The annual student-run event, which traditionally draws crowds from the entire Baltimore region, features a lineup that includes:
* Carnival rides and inflatable extreme games.
* Vendors with arts and wares created by artisans from across the nation; jewelry, clothing, pottery, collectibles and literature; ethnic and cultural wares.
* Children's performers and interactive workshops.
* Soft-serve ice cream, chicken on a stick, kettle corn, funnel cakes, Chinese food, burgers, hot dogs, pit beef, gyros, fresh fruit smoothies and more.
* Photography contest.
* Live music on two daytime stages.
* An antique car show on Sunday.
* Hip-hop groups Pharcyde and Blackalicious performing at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, April 25, in the Ralph S. O'Connor Recreation Center. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. $10 general public through Ticketmaster; $1 with a Hopkins Entertainment Pass; $5 for all other Johns Hopkins students with ID.
Fair hours are noon to 6 p.m. on Friday, April 25, and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, April 26, and Sunday, April 27. The Beer Garden will be open from 3 to 7 p.m. on Friday and noon to 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. A free shuttle bus will be running between Johns Hopkins at Eastern and the Homewood campus during fair hours. For more information, call Dan Coleman at 410-516-7692.