Default Retreat Room Setup
Always available in the Retreat Room are:
- a computer with floppy, cd-rom, and Zip drive;
- a printer that can print from the main computer;
- a fax machine/scanner;
- a copier;
- a long-distance telephone line;
- a conference telephone;
- two screens with LCD projection from main computer, a laptop, the document camera, DVD, or VHS;
- a document camera that allows overhead projection without transparencies;
- laminated planning charts and posters;
- two large white boards;
- pens, pads, paper, index cards, Post-it notes of all sizes and colors, markers, voting dots, tape, paperclips, a stapler;
- blank name tents and name badges.
We have a wireless network hub available for use, either with our laptops or with your laptop and wireless card. In order to use the wireless hub, your computer's MAC address must be registered for the JHMI radio network. Please visit this page or see your technical services center for help with getting your laptop registered.
If the equipment listed above covers your needs, then you don't need to fill out the equipment booking form. However, we encourage you to go and take a look at the form even if you think you don't need any of the equipment. The form contains lots of good information about our room, and might give you some ideas about how our space can improve your meetings.
Here are some other links that may be useful to you in planning your retreat: