Home | Fire & Smoke Conditions | Severe Weather & Earthquake | Bomb Threat | Active Shooter Incident
If there is smoke or fire in your immediate area, activate fire alarm. Contain the fire by closing doors and windows, as needed.
During evacuation, please remember:
- Do not panic. It is important to stay calm and exit the building as quickly and orderly as possible.
- Remember: DO NOT USE ELEVATORS.
- In the event that the card access system fails and building or wing doors do not open, your RA has a key and can manually open these doors for you. Call Security at 410-516-7777 if an RA or other staff member is not available to open an inaccessible door in the event of an ongoing emergency where access or evacuation is necessary.
- Do not re-enter building until directed to do so by university officials or fire department personnel.
- Follow your correct building and wing/floor evacuation guidelines:Charles Commons
AMR I, II, III
- If you cannot evacuate, you will need to shelter in place.
- Stuff the cracks around doors with towels, coats, etc., to keep out as much smoke and heat as possible.
- Call 911 to report your exact location, the number of people with you, and their medical condition(s).
- Do not attempt to jump from multi-story buildings.
- If possible, get to a pressurized stairwell.
Fire Saftey Tips:
- Never enter a smoke-filled room.
- Feel all doors before entering/exiting a room; if hot, do not enter/exit.
- Stay low to the floor if thick smoke is present.
- Never allow the fire to come between you and an exit path.
- If your clothing is on fire: Stop, Drop and Roll to put out the flames and seek immediate medical assistance.
- Unless you have been formally trained do not attempt to use a fire extinguisher to fight the fire.
AMR III-Building A
AMR III-Building B