Alpha Phi Omega (APO)
The purpose of Alpha Phi Omega service fraternity is to assemble college students in a national service fraternity in the fellowship of principles derived from the Scout Oath and Law of the Boy Scouts of America; to develop leadership, to promote friendship and to provide service to humanity; and to further freedom that is our national, educational and intellectual heritage. Volunteer commitment is varied but 15 hours per semester is suggested plus 4 social events per semester. The group volunteers all over Maryland on weekends, weekdays and evenings. A weekly meeting is held on Thursdays from 8:00-9:00 p.m.
- To strengthen the presence of Alpha Phi Omega on college campuses and among its members
- To support the spread of the Fraternity's principles and activities on college campuses and among its members
- To provide opportunities for its members and college students to develop effective leadership skills
- To promote fellowship among all people
- To provide service to humanity
- To further our acknowledged freedoms