Criteria for Community Partners
Below are program criteria for organizations interested in having a CIIP Intern:
- The internship must be located in Baltimore City. Most JHU undergraduates do not have vehicles and utilize JHU shuttles and public transportation, therefore accessibility will be considered.
- Have a substantial project or program for the intern to focus on throughout the internship which will directly impact Baltimore City residents.
- Enable the intern to work in a position that will allow them to have direct interaction with members of the Baltimore community.
- Be capable of supervising a student intern for the 8 week period offering guidance, direction and mentoring.
- Have enough work for a 35-hour work week and that 15% or less of the intern’s time to be in clerical duties. Have additional work available as needed.
- There is no cost to you to participate.
- The work of a passionate intern 35 hours- a week for 8 weeks.
- Opportunity to mentor a student.
- Support of a full-time Coordinator at JHU to support both the supervisors and interns.
- CIIP Student Applications Due December 27, 2012
- Intern Request Forms due from potential community partners by February 15, 2013
- CIIP Interns interviewed/ selected to program February – March
- Individual interns selected for each community partner by the CIIP Coordinator in March
- Community Partners will have the opportunity to meet and interview their potential intern in April
- CIIP Internship period is Monday, June 3rd to Friday, July 26th, 2013.
- CIIP Closing Reception for interns and supervisors on Saturday, July 27th, 2013.
To request to be considered as a community partner for the Community Impact Internships Program, please complete the Intern Request Form.
Click here for Intern Request Form.
For a list of past agencies or to review the 2011 and 2012 program books, please visit http://www.jhu.edu/csc/CIIP/students.shtml
Intern Request Forms can be mailed, faxed, or e-mailed:
The Center for Social Concern
Attn: Community Impact Internships Program
3103 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218