- Postdoctoral, Physics, Biophysics. ESPCI, Paris. 1993
- Ph.D., Cemical Engineering. Stanford University. 1993
- M.S., Chemical Engineering. Stanford University. 1989
- B.S., Physics Engineering. Free University of
- K.L. Yap, S.I. Fraley, M.M. Thiaville, N. Jinawath, K. Nakayama, J.-L. Wang, T.-L. Wang, D. Wirtz, and I.-M. Shih, “NAC1 is an actin-binding protein that is essential for effective cytokinesis in cancer cells”, Cancer Research 72: 4085–4096 (2012).
- D.H. Kim, S.B. Khatau, Y. Feng, S. Walcott, S.X. Sun, G.D. Longmore, and D. Wirtz, “Actin cap associated focal adhesions and their distinct role in cellular mechanosensing”, Scientific Reports (Nature) 2:555-568 (2012).
- S.I. Fraley, Y. Feng, G.D. Longmore, and D. Wirtz, "Dimensional and temporal controls of cell migration by zyxin and binding partners in three-dimensional matrix", Nature Communications 3:719-731 (2012)
- P.-H. Wu, C.M. Hale, J.S.H. Lee, Y. Tseng, and D. Wirtz, “High-throughput ballistic injection nanorheology (htBIN) to measure cell mechanics”, Nature Protocols 7: 155–170 (2012)
- C.M. Hale, W.-C. Chen, S.B. Khatau, B.R. Daniels, J.S.H. Lee, and D. Wirtz, “SMRT analysis of MTOC and nuclear positioning reveals the role of EB1 and LIC1 in single-cell polarization”, Journal of Cell Science 124: 4267-4285 (2011).
- D. Wirtz, K. Konstantopoulos, and P.C. Searson, “Physics of cancer: the role of physical interactions and mechanical forces in cancer metastasis”, Nature Reviews Cancer 11: 512-522 (2011)