- Explore Your Options
- Build Your Skills
- Apply for Opportunities
- Connect With Us
Summer is the most popular time to participate in an international internship. It is best to start searching early for these opportunities. Because of visa and clearance issues, it will often take many months to process all important documents. Therefore, deadlines will often be earlier.
International Internship Checklist
- Meet with a career counselor to discuss your options and assess your interests.
- Research to learn more about opportunities in various countries. You can start by reading the country guides in Going Global.
- There are Hopkins alumni all over the world. Learn how to network and connect with alumni using LinkedIn.
- Research JHU special internship programs and grants for funding.
- Going Global - worldwide internship listings, job openings, industry profiels, and country specific visa information. Connect through your J-Connect account.
- Current Jobs International (Username and password in J-Connect)
- Transitions Abroad
- International Center
- U.S. Dept. of State, Travel
- Center for International Education
- One Small Planet: International Work, Study, Volunteer & Travel Resources
- International Center, Work Abroad
- University of Minnesota Learning Abroad Center
- SAIS International Job Resources Link
- Foreign Labor Certification Data Center
- International Studies Association
- Women in International Security